Advise needed with juwel rio 240

Kris22

Lid geworden
25 juli 2022
Leeftijd
Hey guys, I am planning on buying juwel rio 240 and would like to put there the 3d background. I am going to remove the intern filter. Are two walls from juwel background going to cover the whole wall or will there be ugly space between the background and glasses on sides? Somebody any experience, thoughts?

Depends on the kind of background you're going to buy. Normally the size is on the package so you can check/measure if it will fit. If you gonna take a standard juwel background, you most likely will have to use more than 1 pieces. You also have bigger backgrounds that will fit in 1 go.

You have flat 3d backgrounds which you can glue to the back and you have the hollow ones where, if you want, can hide an external filter and your heater behind. Although the second option in most cases is more expensive, I do like them better. The second option is also glued in place

Another option is to paint the outside of the tank, or put a foil of some sorts on there for an even color. The LFS (local fish store) also have these posters which have a picture/scene on them so you don't have anything in the tank so you don't 'lose' any liters of water to have a nice background. Another advantage; they don't get dirty so you don't have to clean them

That said, it is a nice size tank. Any ideas what fish you want to keep in it?

Maybe H.M.F. hamburger matten filter. GooglešŸ˜€

A disadvantage of three-dimensional backgrounds is that the thickness of the plate can be clearly visible on the side windows. Not always pretty. But in the bin it can seem more natural. With hollow 3D specimens, you can run the risk that smaller animals get stuck or end up behind the plate. Because this has an advantage that you could hide the technique, you have to weigh things up.

How is the planning so far? Already got the tank or still in the consideration fase

Terug
Bovenaan